VERTICAL CENTER UNIVERSAL
The highly versatile VERTICAL CENTER UNIVERSAL (VCU) Series of Vertical Machining Centers brings advanced technology and value to high precision small-parts machining for various industries, including medical, aerospace, electronics and automotive.
Based on a modular design platform, the machines are easily configured as 3-axis fixed table or 5-axis rotary/tilt table models. Both 3-axis and 5-axis versions share the same small footprint, allowing them to fit into virtually any manufacturing facility.
Even though these designs take up minimal floor space, large work envelopes enable processing of various part sizes and shapes. Both machine versions come standard with a 10,000-rpm, 15-hp, 40-taper spindle that delivers unbeatable metal removal capabilities for all common materials, including steel, aluminum and cast iron. An optional 12,000-rpm spindle is also available for both designs.
- Small footprints, economically transported, easy installations
- Accurate, efficient small-part machining
- 3-axis and 5-axis machine versions
- MX Hybrid Roller Guide System offers durability, reliability and accuracy
- Accommodates articulated robots to fully automate load/unload operations